Steve said it was good as well, and he really only likes raw salmon.
Grilled Salmon with Chopped Guac on Top
- 2 fillets of wild Alaskan Salmon with skin on
- tbsp olive oil (didn't measure just lightly drizzled and rubbed on fish)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or ancho chili powder (smokier taste)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 red onion (I didn't even use the whole 1/4 I just stired it into the avocado until it looked like plenty for me)
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch dried cilantro (you could use fresh I just hate buying it to use a pinch of it and I had dried lying around)
- dash of black pepper and dash of garlic powder to add to guacamole
- Make the guacamole. Dice up the avocado, throw in the diced onion, squeeze lime juice in, add seasonings from above cilantro, and the dash of black pepper and dash of garlic powder. Stir together and let sit in fridge until fish is done.
- Mix together the cumin, onion, garlic, black pepper, chili powder, and paprika (all amounts above the avocado).
- Dry off salmon fillets and lightly rub with olive oil. Rub spices on both sides skin side and flesh side of fish.
- I grilled mine in a Panini press on high. You could also use a cast iron or the grill. I grilled for probably a total of six minutes. I then topped with avocado mixture. Enjoy!