So I'm sure you all know and love hearing about my journey (sure some of you get annoyed) but I know it keeps me inspired to share and has inspired many more to join me on the quest for a healthier and fit lifestyle. Those people that say I've inspired them make my heart smile and truly make every sacrifice worth it.
I can say I'm not the healthy holy roller here. This summer maintaining my 76 pound weight loss has been so difficult. I have many temptations I've given into and have gone off track on my eating plan many times. Never mind the cocktails, do I even need to say anything about all the cocktails??? Those are not helping haha. Never mind after a few I want to dive into any salty bag of yumminess I can find.
I don't work out 7 days a week anymore sometimes its only 2 or 3. I can say I'm extremely excited for school to start so I can get back on track with my work outs.
All of that being said, I have had the best summer of my life. Literally the best I can remember for a long time. We have done so much I don't think that Jackson had one bored moment this summer, and neither do I.
Today had the potential to be an absolute disaster. I worked Saturday and Sunday 12 hour shifts 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and then Monday I decided it was a fabulous idea to work 11 a.m. to 3 a.m., yes 16 whole hours. Oh but wait the best part is getting to bed at 4 a.m. when your two handsome boys get up at 7-730. Total disaster potential am I right?? But what did I wake up to?? My amazing friend and neighbor saying she had bought me a coffee (after knowing how long my night was) 2 seconds later I was out of bed sans bra total bed head and there was this delicious coffee. Her in her fuzzy slippers and kiddos in jammies we sat and talked for a while. Had this positive start to my day not happened I would have been an over tired monster tornado sort of scary thing screaming f bombs and throwing things around the house. But this beginning to my day set me in this amazing mind set....despite slight zombie status. After this we enjoyed a day at the local Pump N' Jump and then a chaotic lunch with tired screaming kids, followed by quick unsuccessful shopping trip, Jackson's 6th year check up, and then coming home cleaning the house, cooking a home cooked meal and doing all the dishes!!!! Literally I can not believe my eyes are still open and that I'm still in a positive mood. Things have just gone my way today and I am a firm believer of if you say everything will go well, it will. Anyways long story to say my day was great on three hours of sleep and after 40 hours of work in three days. Update: It's 746 pm, I'm still awake, and still have not freaked out yet....amazing...
Ok onto the food right????? All of me wanted to order a pizza and call it a day. But I didn't. I made some delicious lean turkey meatballs and homemade clean sauce with brown rice noodles. I have not eaten mine yet, but I tried William's as I was cutting it up and they are delicious. I do not expect everyone to eat what I eat. Steve loves salt. I don't cook with any. Although it makes more work for me. This lifestyle is something I've chose and not something everyone else has chosen. I made regular pasta for the boys and Steve and to be honest they got Ragu which is totally processed and not good for you, but its what the boys like. So that's what they got. Jack will not eat meatballs (ugh hes so picky) but Steve and William are having (well William already did and ate them up in a second) my Turkey Balls. I made a delicious home made clean sauce for myself which I will probably enjoy with the left over meatballs for lunch the entire week with a salad or something.
Ok so I just ate. Now I can be truthful about my meal. They were really good. But they were dry and I'm pretty sure its because I used 97% lean ground turkey. Next time I will use 93% lean. The flavor was delicious, just a little dry. Steve said they were yummy too, but agreed maybe needed a little more fat content. The sauce was very garlicky, if you like garlic than you'd love it. I thought it was very very good but garlicky.
Clean Turkey Balls
- 1 lb of meat (I used 97% lean turkey) you could use any sort of lean turkey or ground beef)
- 1/4 of white onion minced
- 2 large cloves of garlic minced (or 3 small)
- 1/4 cup of fresh minced parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup whole grain seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- bunch of black pepper, small dash of crushed red pepper flakes, a few shakes of the Italian seasoning, as stated below would have added dried basil, or fresh basil but I had neither.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix everything together quickly do not handle to much. Form into 18 meatballs. Place on a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with olive oil cooking spray. Bake for like 15 minutes take out and check the temp. Cook until internal temp is 165 degrees and then you can mix 'em
21 Day Fix Tomato Sauce
- 1 small can of no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 small can of petite diced or any kind of no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 of white onion diced
- 2 large cloves (the cloves I had were HUGE and it was actually to much garlic, never thought I'd say that, it was delicious but was a bit garlicky so cut back if you don't love garlic, if you do do it up) or three other wise minced or grated on a micro-plane grater.
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- pepper, Italian seasoning, dash of crushed red pepper flake (I would say basil, but I didn't have any so unfortunately I didn't add any extra basil)
- 1/2-3/4 cup of water
- In a small sauce pan on medium heat add the olive oil and let it warm up. Cook the onions and garlic until fragrant and translucent. Do not let them burn.
- Add the two cans of tomatoes and everything else. Stir until mixed.
- Cook on med to med low heat for about 40 mins stiring frequently (I just started the sauce before I fed the kids and let it sit while I did everything else).
- After about 40 minutes I took out my immersion blender and blended it up quick to smooth out the diced tomatoes. Add the water, stir, and let simmer until you eat.